Wedding planning top tips:
- Start planning early! With so much to think about it can seem overwhelming, but with help from your other half, friends and family, making plans and assigning duties to people at the early stages will definitely pay off (and help you keep calm).
- Set the budget! Deciding on how much you want to spend on the whole wedding is a must, you don’t want to get carried away with the bills stacking up. You can then break down the budget for each individual element such as entertainment, flowers, favours and decorations.
- Keep note!! There are tons of wedding planning apps available which help you to keep track of the planning process, these are available on your smart phone so you can update the ‘to do list’ when you are out and about. If pen and paper is more your thing then a chunky notepad will do the job, be sure to write down any light bulb moments, important dates and keep your eye on that budget!
- Get Creative! Whether or not you have a creative eye or love a bit of arts and crafts, small homemade touches can really personalise you special day (and also save some money). Check out site such as www.pinterest.com for inspiration overload.
- Take time for yourself. It’s easy to get wrapped up in everything wedding related, but make sure you have time for yourself. You will probably be feeling a mixture of emotions during the build up to the wedding, so be sure to step away from it all now an again and relax.
- Wedding insurance – it’s not just the financial element you want to cover, this is a very special day for you, that you want to run smoothly. With general cover often including (dependant on level of cover) :
- Cover for adverse weather
- Loss of or damage to gifts
- Rings, flowers and wedding cake
- Ceremonial attire
- Cover for financial failure of wedding service suppliers
- Why not ask Graham Sykes Insurance ??
Planning a wedding in the UK or even abroad? Then contact us on 01395 255100 for a Wedding Insurance Quotation.